Monday 7 September 2009

New Term

























We are really thrilled at all the people who have been following us on Twitter - even though we've been so lax at updating! Tessa the Kitchen Fairey is going to change all of that.

Well, I am back. Now how many times have I said that eh!?

Well this time I mean it - we have have a new team working on CWM with me this season after our Soho television adventure earlier this year, which as much fun as it was never really delivered what I had in mind originally.

Essentially I want to archive my Mums recipes in an easy to follow format in the shape of a live Podcook with an easy to follow recipe card accompanied by some of the best new music from all over the world.

We have a funky new server, a load of really good meals and some banging chunes which we will be sharing every Friday from our country kitchen here in Hants, England.

Tessa our Kitchen Fairey will be driving our Twitter so please get in touch with her and share all your thoughts, ideas and best of all your food and music.

Monday is going to be Fairey day, Wednesday will be recipe day and Friday will be Podcook day here on cookingwithmother.com

As well as food we will try and also provide you with info about locally sourced ingredients and seasonal produce all served up on a bed of music provided by my new record label Distracks who are our new sponsors.

I'm currently working on a new track with Paul called Big Feeling, which I hope to premiere with the Podcook on Wednesday. Latin breaks with the Spanish guitar to accompany this classic Spanish invention of my mother's. Now I'm going to pass you over to Tessa our Kitchen Fairey, who's going to tell you our plans for next week!

Hi everyone - Tessa, a.k.a Kitchen Fairey here. No that's not a misspelling, that's my actual surname.

So, next week we launch the podcooks. We will be creating the first one on Wednesday 16th September. Get ready for something home grown, fresh and full of surprises - and that's just the food.

Featuring next week will be Isabel D'Cruze's recipe for Butternut Beans
Normally I will announce the week's recipe the Monday directly before the podcook - but we're just so excited at Cooking With Mother HQ that we've given you this one a week early.

We thought we'd start you off with something easy - Butternut Beans is a lovely, simple and homely dish that you can throw together if you don't have much time and can easily feed a big group.

Ingredients:

2 tins of butterbeans
1 medium butternut squash
1 head of garlic
Olive oil
1 whole chorizo
Potatoes
Chicken stock

Utensils:


Tin opener
Chopping board
Sharp knife
Large cooking pot
Wooden spoon

Until our next post it's ta ta from him and cheerio from me.

Buenas

Marcos and the Fairey

No comments: